Where the Danube embraces the sky…
Vukovar is situated in the northeast of Croatia and it is the centre of Vukovar-Srijem County. Positioned on the border of historical provinces of Eastern Slavonia and Western Srijem, the town lies on important transportation routes. Since time immemorial, traffic from the northwest to the southeast has moved through the Vukovar area and the Danube valley. With the introduction of steamboats mid-19th century and tourist vessels nowadays, Vukovar is connected with Budapest and Vienna upstream and all the way to Romania downstream. The port of Vukovar, the biggest river port in Croatia, is an important import and export station. The Danube has always connected Vukovar’s residents with Europe and the world and it continues to do so today.
How to reach us?
Vukovar is 40 km away from the Zagreb-Belgrade motorway, which is a branch of the Pan-European Corridor X.
- Arriving from Zagreb (295 km):
- Take the A-1 motorway to Županja (254 km), then the State road D7 from Županja to Vukovar (50 km) (Županja – Vinkovci- Nuštar – Bršadin – Vukovar or Županja – Vinkovci – Nuštar – Marinci – Bogdanovci – Vukovar).
- Arriving from Osijek (35km):
- State road D2: Osijek – Klisa – Trpinja – Vukovar.
- Arriving from Serbia:
- Ilok border crossing: state road D2 (37 km): Ilok – Šarengrad – Mohovo – Opatovac – Sotin – Vukovar;
- Tovarnik border crossing: state road D2 (27 km): Tovarnik – Sotin – Vukovar;
- Erdut border crossing: Erdut – Dalj – Borovo – Vukovar (38 km).
- Vukovar bus station, Phone no: 060-337-799
- Vinkovci bus station, Phone: 060-332-233
- Osijek bus station, Phone: 060-334-466
Railway line Zagreb – Vinkovci – Vukovar, a part of the Pan-European Corridor X. The train can take you to the Vukovar or Borovo Naselje railway stations.
As the biggest river port in Croatia, Vukovar has a jetty for international river cruise ships.
Klisa international airport is only 20 km away.
In Northeast Croatia, on the Danube and Vuka rivers 45°20’53”N, 16°40’26”E
108 m above sea level
Central European Time (GMT +1)
average summer temperature: 20° C
average winter temperature: 1° C
Population: 27.683 (2011.)
Area: 100,26 km2